hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Tuesday, March 17

blarney spoken here

happy st pattie's! i am totally jazzed today because i have a new hobby in the works... i know, i know i'm such a dork. i can hardly make a cake from a box but i'm going to attempt cake decorating! i signed up today for a beginners class @ michaels! course one is the whole month of april & there are 3 courses. i could not be more excited & i'm crazy nervouso too! i can't do this, who am i kidding?! i think in the next day or two i'll try my first 'from scratch' cake & we'll see how that goes... maybe next st patrick's day i'll post a pic like this of my own little masterpiece:

i put ellery in her only irish-friendly attire, a winnie the pooh onesie from grandma renee. check out the funky frog blanket she's on; it's from a lady my mom bowls with. gotta love it! ellery had her 2 month appointment yesterday & is doing awesome. here's the specs: 11 lbs, 22 inches, & 15 inch head... that's 50th percentile, 50th, & 10th. i teased austin that we've got one average kid on our hands. his response? (& keep in mind, he was very defensive) only physically! but i have to ask, with a head that small how smart can she really be? :)

6 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

Woo HOO! okay I have a few things to say. 1. That yellow flower/overall ensemble to the right is soooooo to-die-for. She is so photogenic! does she take ANY bad pictures?
2. I LOVE your resolve to learn cake decorating. Every time I go to Michaels I like to browse the cake decorating aisle and dream... I wish you were close so you could teach me some skills.
3. We (me and derek)love ellery! I think you need to submit a picture of her to Regis and Kelly's beautiful baby contest.
Okay I think that's it. happy st. patrick's.

Jamie Blake said...

bryce and i came across your blog from derek and kelli's, and your baby is absolutely darling!!!! congrats, you guys!!
also, i think it is awesome that you are picking up cake decorating! bryce will confirm the fact that i have way too many hobbies and that i am always wanting to learn something new!

VK said...

gotta ask you to "bring the cake" next time. Good Job!!

Jana said...

Do you remember where we were last St. Patty's Day!?! Listening to all the crazy drunks in NYC! Ah! I can't believe that was only a year ago. Seriously though, Ellery is adorable!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

Ooh- a slideshow would be the best thing ever!

Eric and Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh! I love ST. patty's day. Totally forgot about it this year. Woops! Remember last year? Those green rice krispie treats Teresa made? I don't know if it was because I was preg, or the fact that we weren't supposed to eat all of them, but they were so good. My mouth is watering a little. Oh, and Ellery is so cute! beautiful, actually. Can't wait to meet her! We got V a baby einstein bouncer, and she loves it. Maybe Ellery can play in it when she comes?!