hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Friday, July 30

cossette kelly hill


cossette kelly hill
july 24th, 2010 4:34pm
7 lbs 3 0z & 19"

welcome baby girl! we are so glad you're here!

long version: the chief was in florida for work & i went to my baby dr. for a routine appointment, where i was shockingly told that if i wanted to make it to friday for my husband to be there i needed to put myself on bed rest. say what?! it was wednesday, i was at a 5, & i was only 36 weeks along. they swore baby was fine but i wouldn't technically be full term til that sunday so i was quite nervous about that.

after much debating we decided not to fly him home but that i would 'be good' & wait. scary decision to make. ellery & i stayed with my mom for the next couple days where my cousin genie, my little brother michael, & the 'rents took care of everything all the while chanting that we could make it to friday. just make it to friday!

it took tropical storms, missed layovers, delayed & canceled flights, being rerouted to SFO, & me just about having a nervous breakdown before austin was home safe & sound. at 2 in the morning. on saturday. *another tx to michael for driving the trek to & from san fran to bring me my husby

i literally could not have made it another day. we went to the hospital at about 1:30pm. this is where they tried not to laugh in my face while they told me, 'you haven't changed at all, sweetie, you're probably not in labor, & we'll give you an hour then send ya home'. i felt like a freaking moron.

at 3:00 they came into the room with discharge papers & left paging the doctor & with me feeling not quite as stupid. it went fast, Fast, FAST! at about 4:20 they gave me an epidural & cossette came at 4:34. at about 4:35 the epidural started working. awe-some. :)

she is perfect. all is amazingly well, let alone for a preemie. we really are overwhelmingly grateful.

3 comments:

VK said...

So fun to have her here. What a great blessing she is, and her mom did awesome.

lisa said...

Okay, first, your "big love mormon" made me crack. up.

Second, CONGRATS on this beautiful baby!!!! We must have been out of town when all this excitement was going down, because all of the sudden I started seeing pics of her on facebook and I was like "what the what??" Anyway, she's absolutely gorgeous, you guys make some sweet little baby girls, and I'm stinking impressed that you a) held out for Aust to get home, and b) basically did the whole thing natural! Way to go woman, I wish I was there to meet little Cossette!

Tansy said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and hooray that the hubby made it home in time!