hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Sunday, July 26

asking for it


if it was up to me i would sleep with the window open every night all year long. with solely a sheet and freshly washed, wet hair.

here is where every mother in the audience shrieks & tisks her finger at me with a fierce warning about severe head colds & body aches.

which i promptly ignore. yeah that's right, i like to play fast and loose with the rules.

we compromise & the chief lets me do just this every summer. it is perfection. even when i freeze halfway through the night & grab for the duvet & fumble over to shut the window. everyone wins because i then clamor back into bed & for once i'm not overheating so austin holds me in his death grip of a cuddle & i don't fight him. plus if i go to bed with the precise ratio of wet to dry hair i wake to just the right wave. ahh the little things. :) so this has been our arrangement for the last couple months.

today i have a stuffy nose and intense sinus pressure. no complaining though because really it was so so worth it.

3 comments:

Eric and Kathleen said...

You are crazy. Good for Aust to let you sleep like that! Eric has a million fans that I'm still trying to get used to. They drive me nuts..my mouth and lips get all dry, and my eyes get all watery.boo.
E's pics with the tutu's are awesome. Did you make them?

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

I agree with the windows open, but wet hair to bed your crazy. i guess if I could wake up and have the perfect wave I would do it too. Ellery's tutu pics are so dang cute. Did you take them? If so serious talent.

VK said...

You should listen to your mother!