hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Friday, September 25

any suggestions?

i need some help.

i'm a bit of a picture hound. i also tend to have a bit of organizational paranoia.

i have scrapbooks from when i was growing up that my mom did that are over the top, creative masterpieces. up til a year or two past highschool grad, i'm caught up. so i've decided i'll finish my single years in old fashioned, pretty paper scrapbooks.

then i'll go digital. there is so much you can do with these digital photobooks. i'll do a book a year starting with 2006 for austin and me or rather the hill family.

but then there's the issue of offspring.

i want my kiddles to have some kind of version of what i had that they can have with them, look through, browse, pine for their mommy, etc in what i like to call hard copy. i understand that cataloging ellery's 1,000's of pictures is overly ambitious. so i just want the cream of the crop. organized in a photobook.

but one a year? one every other year? is 18 little photobooks too much? will 9 not cover everything? what about the fact that eventually we will have more than a family of 3?
now it's 2 books a year but then what? 4... 5?

& i'm a freak so every page has to be polished and immaculate. not to mention loving/photoshoping every pic. so what company is best? shutterfly? blurb? snapfish?

help me!

4 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

my mom has made some really cool books on shutterfly! The layouts are way cute and the pictures come out looking really good and she says it's fast and easy.
She just gave me this computer program called Memory Mixer that i'm really excited to try... it has a bunch of layouts and papers and stuff and you can either print pages off at home or send it into the company to get books made! I haven't got going on it yet but once I do I'll let you know if it's a good one!

VK said...

You know what I think.
Good luck!!!!!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Thanks for making me feel good. I totally stress about the same thing. I have decided to do one family and one for Boston each year. I usually just scrap the most exciting pics and do a 2 page layout each month. I suggest using a digital scrapbook program they are so easy. I use Memory mixer and absolutely love it. It retails for like $100 but I got it on ebay for like $30. It seriously is so great. The program comes with some paper and embelishments, but I loike to down load stuff from digifree.blogspot.com it is free and they have some cute stuff. Sorry that was way long.

The Manwaring Family said...

So maybe you have already decided what you are going to do, but I thought I would share what some people in my family are doing. We are printing our blogs into books which will cover the family scrap-book. I haven't done it yet, but 2 of my sister-in-laws have and they look great. You can order as many as you want. Here is a link that shows how to do it: http://www.jaromandelena.com/search?updated-max=2009-01-20T00%3A01%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20 (it's the Jan 11 post) then here is a link of the finished project: http://www.jaromandelena.com/2008/11/blurb-makes-me-sad.html
another pic: http://kevinwardfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/book-three.html So then we are doing individual scrap-books for each kid (digital so you can print one for you to keep and one to give to your kid when they grow up.