hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Wednesday, December 15

nutcracker

there are a billion and one reasons i wanted kids. & a few why i wanted girls.

ie. using french names, lavendar baths, blessing gowns, baking with me, & taking them to the nutcracker ballet.

this year my mama planned on taking all the little girlies to the san jose matinee. lena got a bug & cossette's a bit young but lexy & ellery & i were excited to go! i even let elles hold my president lincoln nutcracker before we went to try & get her stirred up & ready. while i've been to this ballet more times than i could count, i was beyond thrilled to take my daughter.


even if she was not beyond thrilled after intermission, it was so fun for me. & gramvi bought her her own little nutcracker christmas tree ornament to remember it.

we'll try again in a couple years when elle will love it & cossette will only make it through the first half :)


i have to mention that afterwards we went to this fantastic 'florist patesserie cafe' near the performing arts center called flower flour that was one of the most charming shops ever with some crazy fancy & tasty treats. lexy kept asking me why i was taking pictures of the place until we pointed out the teacup & saucer clock that she thought was pretty awesome. haha.

oh & yes, we'll talk christmas dresses soon.

2 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

So FUN! My parents have pictures like this from when I was little. My dad used to take me to Ballet West's in Salt Lake on daddy/daughter dates just us and I was obsessed! Christmas isn't christmas until you hear those opening notes in the overture: "bum bum baduh badUM!"

Tansy said...

Ellery looks SO cute! What a fun tradition. I've never been to the Nutcracker, but my mom and I would always go to the modern dance concerts at BYU . . .