hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Thursday, July 7

mosquitos


we are being eaten alive! all 4 of us look like we basted in nectar & offered ourselves up to the bugs. we don't know when we're getting them or why they can't seem to stay away from my babies faces but i think it's just part of living where it's humid. i'm sparing you a picture of my legs which officially have 27 bites from the knees down. i have quadruple the number of bites as the rest of the fam combined.


for a day or 2 ellers looked like she'd been in a boxing match; her poor little eye was slightly closed & puffy. terrible.

the girls are usually great sports about it & so is the chief.

i however feel like i'm losing my mind. maybe i'm just not getting enough blood to my brain. probably because the mosquitos are feasting on my dna. i don't know how to stop it unless i just use bug spray everyday & smell like a camper until the fall. grrr.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

That's awful!!! We are getting eaten here in GJ. No fun. If you eat more garlic, pickles, strong things like that, they'll leave you alone more... Not totally, but it will help a little. Maybe you'll only have like 13 bites instead of 27. Still worth it. :)

Jana said...

I'm sorry! VA truly has the most insane amount of bugs, it is disgusting. There is a reason people sell pest control there! It's probably the one thing I don't miss about living there. My mom just told me there is a new type of bug repellent that is like a scentless stick or something? Maybe you should investigate that...happy bug killing :)

The Manwaring Family said...

My Mom always swears by Skin so Soft. It is Avon product (oil)...it does have a smell, but not as bad as bug repellant. i bet you could even just put a little in the bath water. Worth a try!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

ewwww mosquitos are nasty! Lately we've been trying putting deoderant on ours to keep the itching under control. Sounds weird i know, but i'm pretty sure it works! or maybe it's just in our heads. That swollen eye thing is so sad! I remember that happening to my sister amy when she was little and we lived in minnesota. Love your fourth of july post! i love the girls' outfits and their hairdos!!! So fun you are such a cute mom. :)