hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Sunday, June 21

letter to daddy

austin went to get ellery out of her crib this morning and was so excited to have a note from her, gushing about what an awesome job he does. i have a feeling she's gonna be a daddy's girl...

Papa Bear!!!

I snuck off to write up a little note for your first Father’s Day to let you know you’re doing a great job! Just think, last Father’s Day you told everyone I was on my way! I’ve been around a while now, huh?! Well you have been all in since then and I am so grateful I didn’t get one of those slacker dads.

Here are a few things I wanted you to know:

I know you love cuddling me and I love it too; even if I’m not always in the mood.
I like sitting on the patio with you and looking for Oscar and talking.
That horse game is FUN! I like the way the cowboys ride the most!
I don’t believe that you aren’t as good at fixing my solid food. I just ain’t buying that.
You never get mad at me when I have a bad diaper and you have to give me an impromptu bath.
I’m glad you’re so strong and can use that front carrier for such long stints. I’m telling you, everybody wins with that thing!
I know Mama sheds but ALL the dark, short hairs are ours Dad...
You’re awesome about telling Mommy and me how pretty we are.
I like when you do pushups with me.
I do actually like all my bows and pretties and headbands. Sorry but it’s true.
You always have sympathy for me when I’m teething. That’s a big one.
I think your cheesey dad jokes are funny, even if someone rolls her eyes.
I know I’m good at sitting up but maybe not that good. Still watch me!
I get so excited when I know you are coming home from work! I miss you when you’re gone but you always come back, giving me kisses and taking me to get the mail with you.
I like our walks together.

So thanks Daddy! Keep it up and please know how much I love you! I’m trying to grow fast so I can play more games with you, tell you even better stories, and give you even better hugs and kisses!

Love you always,
Your Ellery Bellery*

2 comments:

VK said...

I wish my notes to my Daddy were as good as yours are Ellery !!!

lisa said...

cute, cute! great daddy's day idea... just might have to steal that one for next year. and, can i just say, i LOVE that you guys are parents now... SO fun to hear all of your excitement about that sweet baby!