hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Friday, June 12

love the ballet socks


downtown santa cruz, happy 21st bopi!, pool party with the warmest water EVER, still trying to revive my withered plants, already getting the stink eye from my infant (and it begins...), sore back end from my beloved pilates, girl's night out, etc.

so austin has a '93 miata that's surprisingly in great condition and is actually really, really fun to drive. i call it his tonka toy and it makes me laugh. a lot.

i have ike. a safe, smooth riding sedan & the only car our familia can fit in. therefore whenever i leave the chief to baby wrangle solo, i take the miata. so last night i met up with some of my girlfriends somewhere i'm not totally familiar with. and i found myself antsy about taking the miata.

am i randomly scared of leaving austin/ellery behind?! am i nervous that i'll die a horribly gruesome death in an old two seater sports car that drives like my old jeep?! am i apprehensive that i will eat so much at dinner that i will no longer fit in this pocket-sized little vehicle?! what is the DEAL?! then i pinpointed it: my scattered, directionally-challenged brain was precarious about not having my gps! ahhh. clarity.

solution? stop being psychotic. if you get lost, you get lost. c'est la vie.

but for the record, i was flawless! :)

1 comment:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

Ellery's eyes get bigger and bluer all the time!