hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Tuesday, April 26

laying eggs

my mother has been on a ROLL cranking out easter frocks like a crazy. & not just for my little beans. see here for all of her talented easter wonders. 


cossette sitting in the cherry blossoms which she kept trying to eat. i love easter bonnets! well at least for their first easter. :) her darling shoes & matching bloomers were also quite a hit.


ellery in her easter best. the eyelet & the headband were my faves. & the collar. oh & the smocking! haha


my mama also made my grey lace dress. i know, i know buy some clothes already. it's very unique. i looove it.

i especially loved reading ellers her easter books & her telling me all about 'jejes (jesus) nice. jejes helping. jejes love me.' it helps for later when she is attempting to ride her little sister like a horse around the house.













we decided last minute that we should probably do a little egg hunt & i'm glad we did. around 10 saturday night i built the adirondacks (i'd bought them on über sale months & months ago & have been waiting for either easter or a birthday to bring em out) while austin ran out to the store to grab some candy & plastic eggs. it was our first morning in the new house so it was pretty fun.

fun moments:
-after squealing about the eggs, realizing they opened up to candy
-pulling the first piece of candy out of one of the eggs & going to put it in her mouth, stops, & shoots me a glance for approval. girl knows she has to ask for such treats, oh the self control.
- while organizing her eggs in colored pairs, ellery's eyes just light up: 'geen egg an red jebbybean. *gasp* an me jebbybean! an that cocobean!' haha
-coco playing with the eggs while sitting on her chair, she shifts, an egg pops out in front of her diaper, & austin dies laughing, swearing she just laid an egg. his reaction was better than anything he may have actually seen. seriously ask him about it. he'll lose it all over again. :)

then our dinner of ham & sweet potatoes & honey mustard salad. i think i must have missed cooking more than i would have thought cause i've been going at it. 

hope everyone had a great easter morn & enjoyed some good food & festivities, however you celebrate.

4 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

Wow you're mom is amazing! Those easter dresses (yours included) and that easter bonnet are darling! I want to squeeze coco & ellery sooo bad, oh wait I get to in a few months! yipee!

hodgfamily said...

cute! glad you found your chairs :)

steph said...

Such adorable dresses!!! Even better on them! And I live the grey lacey one too!
Can I please tell you I was probably laughing close to as hard as Austin was at coco laying an egg just reading that :)
Glad you guys are getting all settled in!

anitamombanita said...

you and the girls look adorable. I want your mom to adopt me and make me some dresses. LOL.