hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Sunday, October 30

georgetown

the boys were at work so the girls went out to play!
i hadn't been to georgetown yet & heard it was quite worth seeing.
started at the c & o canal.
charming townhomes left & right.
i particularly like cossette in the back looking over the handle of the stroller to see where we've gone. :)
just turn the corner & you're downtown.
 it has some other really old, cool buildings as well.
tons of posh shopping & fine eateries.
like the brand new serendipity!
which néenée treated us to!
cossette patiently signing for "more". sidebar: she's a mute. have i mentioned that yet?
TWO frozen hot chocolates?!
grandma & ellery enjoyed the classic.
while i scarfed down the white chocolate. wowza. it was bomb-diggity.
& i found an ABE!!! renée didn't see him. she thinks i have an internal homing device set for president lincoln. oh how i hope she's right! :)
we stopped by the university that my grandpa sam attended for dental school.
very cool but they wanted us to pay. i don't know if it's a closed campus or what but yeah right!
you have to admit it is beautiful from afar.
& then we got lost. we had a nice drive past many of the sites downtown dc.
apparently neither of us has an internal homing device set for home. 


girls outings rock. my mother-in-law rocks. frozen white hot chocolate realllly rocks.

4 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

that frozen hot chocolate looks amazing!!!

Emily said...

I LOVE Georgetown... I'm glad you checked it out:) Also, you totally look like a model, love your outfit!

Derek and Kelli Hill said...

mkay, um coco? in the yellow flower headband? That girl is too much to handle! Oh how I love my nieces!! i really like the picture of you and renee, too. Couple of great ladies. :) :)

Renee Hill said...

Actually, you rock. Thanks for introducing me to Serendipity! Sadly, my best navigation skills are when I stop trying to help. I agree with Kelli, that photo of Cossette asking for more . . . well, I would give that child anything! Thanks for giving me that day with y'all. I loved it.