hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Wednesday, February 11

snowflakes that stay on my nose & eyelashes




we went to idaho falls this weekend to play with austin's family & show off the lil babe. i was a bit nervous about flying with my 3 week old but she did so well! the best part of the whole weekend is always renee's food. there is always homemade candy sitting out & the meals are awesome! wowza! i'm shocked i don't come back packing the l-b's. the whole time we sat on the couch & they took turns holding ellery & cooing & cuddling her while the rest of the entire household looked over their shoulder with ooh & ahhs waiting for their turn. derek & kelli drove up from provo saturday night & left sunday just to spend a little time with ellery. austin's parents bought her the cutest cable knit bunting outfit to brave the cold & a playyard with all the bells & whistles for her to sleep in & be changed in. we didn't play one game. we didn't watch one movie. practically no one left the house for fear of missing one moment. haha! they are hands down the most baby obsessed people i have ever met & it was just too fun! grandma renee kept saying that ellery was going to lose all her hair because it was being rubbed to death. :) she is one tough cookie; she's not gonna need a big brother to protect her. independent woman! we did miss logan (austin's bro that is serving a mission in england right now) so we set aside a little 'logan time' for ellery so he knew we never stop thinking about him. @ one point it was sunny & crazy warm so stone & i put her in this adorable white & red poncho & took ellery outside for her first glimpse of snow! i miss the snow! i miss having all 4 seasons! we were outside for a total of like 6 minutes before we got ushered inside. it was someone's time slot with the baby...

3 comments:

miccolene said...

Hi Kathryn! Your mom left a comment on my blog and I found your blog through hers. Congratulations on this beautiful baby girl- how exciting.

Hopefully we can keep in touch online now!

Jana said...

I still can't believe you were so close and I didn't even get to see you! I'm glad you had fun, and I would expect nothing less than completely baby-obsessed with the Hills!

melissa marie said...

Kathryn!!!!! Hodgewoman!!!!!!! The joy is searing through me as I type. I miss you darling and your baby is a gem. I guess now that your in California we won't be having our yearly Stake Conference run-ins, ha. Looks like all is well with you. I'm so glad we can keep in touch now! I miss the good ol' days at Parkway, ha.