hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Monday, February 2

a very very unbirthday to me


i turned the big 2-3 this weekend! yayuh! i have been waiting for this birthday for as long as i can remember- this year is gonna rock! but alas with every passing year comes the expected reminder of a ditsy 13 year old moment that i will never live down. for the block of a couple months i was randomly convinced that my birthday fell on the 31st of january. my mom & i debated & bickered throughout the weeks until she finally got out my birth certificate. i was indeed born on the 30th of january. ouch. now, countless laughs & mockings later, i do in fact know when my birthday is! aren't you proud?
so it was a fun weekend of bocce ball, superbowl sunday, & my little niece & namesake lena kate turning 1! austin installed an ipod adapter in ike (my accord, i love him) back before xmas but since i'm so oblivious i didn't even notice it. haha. & my parents got me the most gorgeous abraham lincoln nutcracker. most of you know i have a slight infatuation with honest abe. i felt like clara from the story of the nutcracker, i just wanted to dance around with my new toy! i'm clearly a very mature 23 year old...

3 comments:

Eric and Kathleen said...

Ha ha! Happy 23rd! Wow, we are getting old, right? I mean... time is going by way too fast. Especially with a baby. How's Elle? Is it okay if I call her that? Tell me if you hate it!

VK said...

Oh, what an apropos post. Yes, we still tease katz about not knowing when her birthday is supposed to be celebrated. She didn't add that she also always wants the birthday to be on the 23rd which is an odd infatuation about a number I believe.
Cute huh!

Anonymous said...

hahaha i want to see this nutcracker! maybe i will adopt your love for that ugly man.. im pretty jealous that elly gets to have her bday on the 12th every year.. pretty upsetting