hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Saturday, May 15

hemispheres

aust got a computer game. that only works on our desktop. like i've bragged about before, our tv is hooked up to our desktop.

well i'm not bragging now. teach me to be cheeky.

so i've read & finished david copperfield this week (wonderful, sad, charming book) & baked & cleaned & last night read my real simple magazine cover to cover (a gift from the MIL). the whole issue was about organizing your life, a favorite topic of mine. it talked all about organizing to your personality, left-brained or right-brained.

i took the quiz. & hated every right-brained idea they had.

wait what?! i'm LEFT brained?!?!

no, no, no. i know plenty of lefters & i am not one of them. austin's left. i am not left.

sure, my desk & bathroom & cupboards & filing cabinet are pristine. & my disney dvd's are in psychotic date of release order. but my closet is usually a wreck! & i have majorly eclectic, colorfully offensive taste. i'm pretty creative & definitely random. i move our furniture monthly. i hardly ever have set plans & don't care when people change their mind on me. but my gas tank is never close to empty. & i meal plan. & my pictures are perfectly organized & backed up. eww & i can't have more than one window open on the computer.

why am i fighting this?

whether it's concrete processing or holistic or linear or intuitive or logical, i think everyone is both. yet i kept leaning left....

the mr. swears that i am the most down the middle person he has ever known. a clear 50/50. then patronized me with, 'i've got it! you have both halves of a brain! i knew it!". hmmmph.

after an hour of talking austin's ear off & looking up different articles online, i realized something.

obsessing kinda makes me left-brained, doesn't it?

shows what they know. time to find out what color i am.

3 comments:

VK said...

INTERESTING!!!
I'll tell Gloria. We were just talking about all my kids and their cleanliness habits this am.

Emily said...

Kathryn, I have to admit until I read your blog, I did not know what a great writing style you have! You make me laugh. <3 Love it!

steph said...

hahahahahahahahahahhahaha mom's going to tell GLORIA??? hahaha how has she not fired her yet?? i wonder what side of the brain i am because i would totally say right too... by the way, bet gloria doesnt believe anything mom tells her about you being organized and clean... its one of those you gotta see it to believe it type of things..