hub || us || ajh || kch || erh || ckh || fjh || pinterest

Friday, April 20

mermaid-ing it

my little sister & i were 1 & 3 when the little mermaid came out. my girls are 1 & 3 (even though mine are technically a full year closer in age). by the time it came out on video it was stephanie's ultimate favorite. mine was beauty & the beast...

anyway so we had a giant boulder in the front yard that we would take turns "splashing" on. the other sister's job was to make the sound effects of water. haha oh my gosh, i'm dying.

all my mom could find were these gems when i asked her to try & find a pic of it:


i can totally hear her being like, "what are you doing? just sit normal on the rock. okay now cross your legs like a lady." haha!

 i took this in mexico in 2010. my seestor is better than your seestor.

so of course when they placed the perfect mermaid-ing boulder in the front of our yard last week, i just about died. and then forced allowed my kids to reenact so i could text a pic to stepher.
they play every type of pretend on all the huge rocks around the yard. one is a pirate ship, one is a look out point, one is a castle tower, one is a cliff, one is a a trampoline (not the smartest idea), etc. 

but then who will teach my girls to sit like ladies? may just have to be grandma. :)

3 comments:

John Hodgman said...

I have a photograph of the Little Mermaid in the Copenhagen harbor that I couldn't show you and Stephanie because it didn't have a G rating like Disney. :)

VK said...

I'll try to be a good teacher to your girlies, but they also need a mothers example. Okeydoakie???
Great memories.

steph said...

hahahahaha that is so great~ I was beyond happy when you sent me those pictures :)
we're the coolest seestors ever